Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Yoga Vs Pilates

Yoga Vs Pilates

I have been asked a lot of questions about 'Pilates' and is it good for Golf fitness.  IN truth I did not know so I went and looked into it.  Below is what I found out:

Yoga is an ancient form of keeping the body, mind and spirit healthy.  In its purist form it works on all three of these areas.  Pilates works on body and mind.  It leaves the spirit out.

Yoga works all muscles and joints, Pilates concentrates on primarily developing your 'core muscles'.


Yoga puts flexibility before strength, Pilates puts strength before flexibility.  Although both at this point may seem very different, they actually are still very similar as both say you need to be strong to be flexible and flexible to be strong.  This is simply where the exercise systems place their emphasis.

In my opinion the choice between which to use is purely a personal one.  As for me, well I prefer to exercise the whole of my body equally and not concentrate on one specific area.  Therefore I would choose Yoga.  Other would however have a preference for Pilates, for their own reasons.

So that you may get a better understanding of Yoga Vs Pilates please review this site.


No comments:

Post a Comment