Wednesday, August 24, 2011

"Pilates Will It Really Help My Golf?"

"Pilates, Will It Really Help My Golf?"

Everywhere I go, I hear Pilates, Pilates!  Not being familiar with it I looked into it.  Here is what I found.

Pilates was named after the person that came up with the concept a Joesph Pilates in the early 20th Century.

It is a system of developing strength particularly in the 'core muscles' and in developing mental concentration as well.

Since its original conception the discipline has branched into two main areas: Classical and contemporary.  It is not the design of this post to go over all the differences of the two, but they do still both conform to the
six principles which are: concentration, control, center, flow, precision and breathing.

In short, yes I believe it would assist in Golf fitness as it would in any fitness plan.  Although not discussed here but in a similar post I do not see it being any more beneficial than Yoga.  In fact there are system out there that actually combine the two similar and parallel systems.

The whole principle of Pilates and how it is a good fitness program has been demonstrated by its popularity today.  For more advice on Pilates please go here

"Pilates, Will It Really Help My Golf?"

No comments:

Post a Comment